Thursday, October 22, 2009

AKG C12 VR! Great mic!

 C 12 VR



The AKG C 12 VR is an amazing mic. I first heard it at my boy Mark's studio in Santa Monica. Its a solid piece, beautiful design and has great character and presence. This mic is a replica of the old one from many years ago called the C12. It retains much of the similar traits of  the original. Now you know I am a Neumann mic and Blue Microphones guy but lets just say I will be adding this one to the mic collection. It will set you back some money though. Like the Neumann M149, its in the $5000 range so be ready to drop the funds if your are serious. Also consider pairing this mic or the Neumann with a really good mic pre amp! I will post some recommendations soon.  Here is the link to there site! AKG C12 VR

No comments:

Post a Comment